Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Folk Knowledge = Guac!

Also during our first day of Civilizations class we were asked to share an anecdote of folk knowledge.

Some knowledge my folks gave me is the super duper secret guacamole recipe that my mother taught to me.

From FotoosVanRobin on Flickr.



The reason you can't have this recipe? I don't know it! Wait...well the more truthful version of that statement is that I don't know the exact recipe. Making guacamole is almost like hitting is for my favorite opposite hitter...just natural. Certianly I can come over and make guacamole and then enjoy it with you, but I wouldn't attempt to write down the recipe because if anyone tried to follow it, they would turn out with a lesser guac!  For me guac sums folk knowledge because I learned it more through imitation and trial and error, than any other medium.

P.S. I really will come make and enjoy my guac with you! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I accept. People are coming over Monday to bounce their way into the pool... I expect Erin-guac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so there...in spirit! I have a better offer for fun with slightly taller people. ;)

    ReplyDelete