Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sharing my Paper: the multiple eye idea

The idea behind open source software is that the more people that look at it the easier it will be to find all of the bugs. For my first collegiate paper I have decided to apply this theory to the paper, and have as many people look at it as possible, and while some have scorned this practice I have found it to be extremely helpful.

Two ways I have done this are to 1) physically take various drafts to people around campus, my Profesor, TA, and various people in the writing centers, and 2) to post it online through Google docs. This is my paper. So everyone can feel free to go and look at it and send me any suggestions! (or make the change in a different color on the page!) 

Also, in the spirit of sharing I have created this little Wordle on my paper. Aside from being totally cool and awesome the Wordle has helped me to see which words I use most frequently to add variety to my paper!

Wordle: Gov and Econ

3 comments:

  1. Interesting idea ... I made some suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri also did this recently. I'm glad you feel brave enough to post a draft. It would really help, however, if you gave some context for the paper. How can I make suggestions if I don't know what the assignment is or the intended audience?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prof. Zappala: Thanks for your suggestions! I put up another post that has to do with some of your comments.

    Prof. Burton: I posted the prompt for the paper in the post above.

    ReplyDelete