Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

November Reflections:Peer Review: Becoming Sarah

By no extent do I consider myself an expert in the field of blogging but as per our midterm reflections assignment I will do my best to not be overly...well...anything. I was asked to review Sarah Wills' blog.



Here are some of the things I enjoyed about Sarah's blog:

  • The break up of the text.
    • Sometimes while blogging people, I at least, have found the tendency to write an essay type post. I appreciate that Sarah tries to break up that monotony with pictures and videos.
  • The attempt to write in a variety of posting styles.
  • While most of Sarah's posts were in a paragraph form, some of her posts took on a different style. 
  • Posting about a variety of topics, not just those talked about in class and sometimes exapanding those topics to other areas. 
Here are some of the things that I think Sarah could improve on:
  • Putting short clips on main page.
    • I like that in general Sarah only has short blurbs and then "read more". However, some of the time, especially when pictures are involved, she doesn't do this and then the post turns into half a page ordeal (although usually is it very interesting!)
  • Along with that, I wish that many of the post were a little bit longer, to expound her ideas further. I understand that some of them might be random thoughts put down in a quick instant, but maybe later posts could add on to them?
    • Referring to classmates blogs.
      • Sarah does an excellent job of cross-referencing between posts of her own blog. However as a part of the "connect" section of self directed learning she might want to reference others' posts.
    Thanks for letting me be critical of your blog Sarah. I hope my effort helps!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment