Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Final Reflection: My world, My country, and Me

As a final reflection for this class I first decided to make wordles of the headlines for all of posts. So here they are:






The words that stood out the most to me were: American, Digital, Bazaar, World, Learning, Bazaar, Digital, World, American, Internet, Learning, World, Internet, American, Bazaar, Digital, Learning. To me these words sum up who I am and what this class means to me. I am an American learning this bazaar digital world.

But what have I learned?

Well for one thing I'm proud to say that it consists of more than simply being able to regurgitate facts at the end of the semester. (Although, I did only miss one question on each of my midterms, just saying.) But rather I've learned a whole new way to learn. I've learnt to connect past to present, and more than that I've learnt to connect them through this new digital medium.

Two posts that display this ability well also happen to relate to my final project. Surprised? Who left that door open? and Martin Luther and the Free Software Movement both involve some aspect of the "open" movement, which directly relates to Eric Raymond's piece on open source, and then our project on open source and copyright. I believe not only that the open source movement is heading us in a better direction, as far as the digital world is concerned, but that this ability to connect past to present is an invaluable asset I have attained through this class that will help me in many future learning experiences.

I have also, through the three c's of consume, create, connect, learnt to create a positive and intelligent online presence, that not only helps me to learn more about the world around me but also to influence the world around me. Learing from the three c's can be found in a variety of posts such as: . More importantly however, is that I was able to take this knowledge and apply it to my final project through the various remixes. In particular was the wordle remix which was a tool I learnt to use through the labs. And as demonstrated above I contnue to enjoy using it to relfect on, and share my thoughts on a particular subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment