Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Just Another New Beginning...

I tend to have a "glass half full" look at the world, and so as I approach two ends in my life, freshman year and legal childhood, I choose to look at them not as ends but as new beginnings.

I do not necessarily look at this time in my life as a chance to start over but rather as a chance to build another level of the person that I am becoming, on top of the person that I was.



In the spirit of the social networking references that will fill this blog come fall, from the other half of my DigCiv class, I want to take a post and recognize that I have not gotten this far all by myself. After taking a couple of engineering classes I'm beginning to realize that nothing near perfection comes from one person alone.

Especially coming from my drafting class, I truly believe I spent more time than I ever thought I would in checking the work of fellow students. But that is the best part of a social species, only the best of anything makes it past everyone. Whether we intend to or not all of our interactions with everyone mold the shape of the person they are building and becoming.

Looking back to The Education I Pay For  I really have learned a few important tidbits about everything this semester. My only wish now is that my grades reflect what I feel that I've learned, fingers crossed. But more than simply book learning I've meet many people who have had something to share, and mostly add to my life. I am grateful for the social network I've been able to build here in a year, and I hope to add to it in the years to come. Thanks everyone, on to spring term!

No comments:

Post a Comment